At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference in the way health care is practiced.
DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad.
A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services.
Our true measure of success? Our clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average. We attribute that success to our most important patient touch point: our teammates!
“We do dialysis, but we are not about dialysis. We are about the lives of our patients, teammates and partners, and the communities in which we operate” – Kent Thiry, Chairman and CEO.
Join us as we continue pursuing our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.”
The Role You Would Play:
DaVita is dynamic, growing and entrepreneurial. We are seeking an ambitious, operationally-focused and results-driven Leader. As the Dialysis Healthcare Administrator (aka Facility Administrator or FA) you will directly impact patient care as the trusted front-line leader in an outpatient clinic. You will be responsible for all aspects of the center's operation to include:
- Caring for our Patients - Impact patient lives and deliver optimal clinical outcomes.
- For the past 10 years DaVita has demonstrably improved clinical outcomes, continuously improving year after year. Create a vision and set goals for your team to continue our amazing journey of improving our patient's quality of life.
- Caring for our Teammates - Develop, Mentor and Inspire a cohesive team
- When you create a thriving, sustainable community for your teammates, they in turn are inspired to help others. Lead a team of 15-20 by incorporating our Core Values within all aspects of the clinic. Interview, hire, train and mentor - this is your team!
- Financial Management - Drive bottom line results.
- Ensure the complete operation and performance of the clinic. Manage budgets, forecast expenses, communicate with vendors, order supplies, and ensure compliance. When we are operating sustainably, we can nurture the lives of patients around the world in programs like Bridge of Life - DaVita Medical Missions.
- Lead a growing, socially responsible business that strives to be the role model for American Healthcare
- Work at a company that honors its Core Values. What are our seven Core Values, you ask? They are: Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun.
- Thrive in a company that will challenge you to "Get Stuff Done" and reward you with incentives the right way - top performers earn more.
While this role is said to be one of most challenging, you'll receive the training, resources and support you'll need from your leaders and peers. This is a village after all!
Follow the DaVita FA Blog
to hear from teammates in this role today!
In addition, here's a link to what other organizations think about us being a great place to work. Cool accolades aside, what matters most is that we are in the business of saving patients lives. Intrigued?
The Shining Star in this role should have:
- 5+ years of healthcare, business or military experience with accountability for metrics, building relationships, coaching, and P&L management with at least 3 years in a leadership level position
- Minimum of 3 years of solid people management including but not limited to teammate relations, hiring, termination, performance and professional development, and annual reviews
- Proven ability to adeptly manage multiple priorities; a "gets stuff done" person
- Capacity to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and to influence positive outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to adapt, innovate and lead in an environment that moves at a rapid pace, where change is common
- Passion for making a difference in people's lives
- Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree in related area preferred
- Dialysis experience preferred; RN license a plus
- Current CPR certification required (or certification obtained within 60 days of hire)
The DaVita Village Difference
Are you ready to take ownership, drive results and experience the rewards?
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.