The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of
illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized
by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.
The hours for this position are 7p-7a
Relocation Assistance is Available
Bi-Lingual is a PLUS!
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
• Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
• Skills required to work in critical care area as defined by unit.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
• ACLS, PALS, NRP as defined by unit competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Graduate of a school of nursing.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelors degree in nursing
• Experience in a specialty area(s)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Current registration with Florida State Board of Nursing as a registered professional nurse or licensure from another state with verification of application and eligibility for Florida licensure by endorsement.
PREFERRED LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION
• As defined by specialty area(s)