Minimum Education:ADN with experience will be considered
License/Cert Required:Lic Registered Nurse,Cert Basic Cardiac Life Supprt
Minimum Experience:2 Years in the O.R. Setting
Specialty Type:Operating Room
**EXPERIENCED O.R. NURSES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE**
This role is considered the minimum role for all nurses at UMMC who have greater than 12 months experience. This nurse will be competent in the skills/knowledge required and fully participate in unit governance. He/she will practice and adhere to the guidelines specified in the UMMC Professional Nurse Job Charter. Independently provides and coordinates care provided to patients within a clinical specialty. Serves as a fully effective and participative member of the multidisciplinary patient care services team. Demonstrates and models the full range of nursing professional practice in both care provided and in participation in development of strategies to improve patient outcomes, satisfaction with service and cost effectiveness at the unit level. Is accountable to patients and families for the processes and outcomes of care during an episode of care. Is accountable to peers for the advancement of group practice on the unit, and to the nurse manager for the totality of work performance.
1. Competent evaluation with successful passing of probation; current on all mandatory classes/training.
2. Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland, or eligible to practice due to Compact state agreements outlined through the MD Board of Nursing, is required.
3. Maintenance of 10 contact hours of education/year.
4. Member of a professional organization.
5. Recent applicable clinical experience in a comparable setting.
6. Demonstrated ability to lead others, such as effectiveness as charge nurse, preceptor, or clinical resource. Demonstrated effectiveness as a multidisciplinary team member.
7. Ability to learn and use computer systems in order to manage patient information.
8. Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population(s) served. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient's requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs.
9. Demonstrated/documented highly effective interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.