Position Type : Full Time - Permanent
Relocation Approved :
Recruiter : Center Based, Recruiter
Job Description : 1. Provides patient care in a manner conducive to safety and comfort. Patient care includes, but is not limited to:
1.1. Assists patient with or performs Activities of Daily Living (ADL);
1.2. Obtains and records Vital Signs and weights per policy;
1.3. Assists patients with ambulation and transfers;
1.4. Positions patients in correct body alignment in and out of bed;
1.5. Applies adaptive equipment as ordered;
1.6. Cares for personal belongings;
1.7. Assists physician and/or licensed nurse with treatments and procedures as needed;
2. Makes both occupied and unoccupied beds;
3. Accompanies patients when transported outside the center for appointments as requested;
4. Ensures patients are ready for scheduled rehab therapy and transports patients to rehab area;
5. Notifies licensed nurse if patient identification is missing;
6. Participates in the care planning process and implements care according to care plan;
7. Performs skin care treatments, as permitted by state regulation;
8. Applies simple clean dressings, slings, stockings, and support bandages, under direction of the licensed nurse, as permitted by state regulation;
9. Feeds or assists patients with meals and provides additional nourishment and hydration per care plan;
10. Records patient's oral intake and output;
11. Uses Point Click Care (PCC –POC) according to the Business Processes, if applicable;
12. Answers call light or bell promptly, delivers messages, cleans areas of spillage or accidents;
13. Uses Standard precautions when caring for all patients. Adheres to Contact and/or Droplet Precautions as indicated;
14. Participates in the orientation of new nursing assistants;
15. Reports changes in patient's condition, patient/family concerns or complaints to charge nurse and/or supervisor;
16. Collects and bags soiled linen and delivers to dirty linen area;
17. Obtains clean linens and supplies from supply areas, cleans utility rooms, kitchen areas and all other nursing areas, as assigned;
18. Cleans patient equipment as assigned;
19. Transfers patient's belongings and equipment as directed, and assists with postmortem care;
20. Assists with patient discharge as requested;
21. Assists with the orientation of newly hired CNAs;
22. Promotes a culture of safety to ensure a healthy practice and living environment;
23. Collaborates and coordinates with other departments to provide timely effective care consistent with individual’s needs, choices and preferences;
24. Contributes to an environment that is respectful, team-oriented, and responsive to the concerns of staff, patients and families;
25. Participates in quality improvement activities as requested;
26. Maintains confidentiality and protects sensitive Protected Health Information (PHI) at all times;
27. Stays and works beyond scheduled shift if needed to meet state staffing requirements and/or needs of patients;
28. Performs other duties as requested.
Qualifications : 1. Successful completion of a state approved certified nursing assistant program.
2. A minimum of a high school education or high school equivalency diploma is preferred.
3. This position requires that the employee is able to read, write, speak and understand the spoken English language to ensure the safety and wellbeing of our patients and visitors at the work site when responding to their medical and physical needs.
4. Must provide verification of TST (tuberculin skin test) as required by state law and in accordance with Company policy. TSTs will be administered at the work site if required.
5. Basic knowledge of computer use or willingness to learn.
6. Must attend a minimum of 12 hours continuing education programs provided by the center in order to maintain certification.