As a member of the Adventist Healthcare System, our mission is to extend the Healing Ministry of Christ and to provide extraordinary compassionate care to each patient every day. Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care is our state-of-the-art 50-bed hospital located in central Pasco County. Care is rendered in a variety of settings to include our 4-bed ICU, two 23-bed Med/Surg units and an on-site operating room suite. Services include a full-service Pharmacy; Laboratory; Radiology Services; Speech, Occupational and Physical Therapy and Respiratory Therapy. Our facility practices a patient-family centered care philosophy and an interdisciplinary caregiver team approach.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of
illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized
by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.
As a leader in meeting the health care needs of the community, Florida Hospital at Connerton Long Term Acute Care is committed to providing a workplace that respects the diversity and contribution that our employees bring to our organization. Our mission depends not only on our commitment to living our values but on our efforts to excel in both the delivery of quality health care and in providing compassionate care to the patients we serve.
Apply today to join our team of dedicated professionals.
EOE. Drug and Tobacco Free Workplaces. Accredited by The Joint Commission.
The skill to heal. The spirit to care.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Valid American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, AND
· Valid AHA Advanced life support certification (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
· Skills required to work in critical care area as defined by unit.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· ACLS, PALS, NRP as defined by unit competencies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelors degree in nursing
· Experience in a specialty area(s)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
PREFERRED LICENSURE OR REGISTRATION
· As defined by specialty area(s)