Position Type : Full Time - Permanent
Relocation Approved :
Recruiter : Lawler, Shirley
Job Description :
POSITION SUMMARY: The Administrator is responsible for planning and is accountable for all activities and departments of the HealthCare Center subject to rules and regulations promulgated by government agencies to ensure proper health care services to customers. The Administrator administers, directs, and coordinates all activities of the Center to assure that the highest degree of quality of care is consistently provided to the customers.
1. Implements HealthCare Center objectives as determined and directed by the governing body;
2. Interprets personnel practices within policy guidelines and recommends changes as necessary;
3. Meets with licensing authorities as required and accompanies them throughout any survey of the center;
4. Ensures the credentialing process is completed for all Licensed Independent Practitioners providing services in the Center;
5. Authorizes purchases of supplies and equipment within budgetary guidelines established by the governing body;
6. Superintends physical operations of the center;
7. Promotes favorable public relations and represents the center in community as required;
8. Develops and maintains positive relationships with customers, relatives, and employees;
9. Serves as consultant on admission and discharge of customers;
10. Concerns his/herself with the safety of all nursing center customers in order to minimize the potential for fire and accidents. Also, ensures that the center adheres to the legal, safety, health, fire and sanitation codes by being familiar with his/her role in carrying out the center’s fire, safety and disaster plans and by being familiar with current MSDS;
11. Oversees and guides department managers in the development and use of departmental policies and procedures;
12. Reviews and evaluates the work performance of assigned personnel as well as counsel/discipline assigned personnel according to established company personnel policy;
13. Conducts committee meetings such as Customer Care, Policy Committee, Infection Control, Pharmaceutical, Services, Comprehensive Care, etc.; 14. Interviews and hires consultants, department heads and other staff positions within the center as necessary;
15. Confers with consultants to various departments concerning problem areas and available solutions; follows through on quarterly reports from consultants;
16. Monitors financial reports and information of the center and reports to the governing body; implements corrective action and budgetary constraints as required;
17. Oversees and assists in the preparation of annual budgets for each department;
18. Puts Customer Service First: Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights;
19. Performs all other duties as requested.
Qualifications : SPECIFIC EDUCATIONAL/VOCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: 1. Administrators must be licensed according to State regulations and must attend continuing education as required.