Registered Nurse who maintains overall responsibility for the coordination and oversight of all nursing care provided to major joint replacement patients who are part of the CMS Bundled Payment Initiative as well as additional payors that IBJI enters into Agreement related to the establishment of additional bundled payment initiatives. This position reports to the Post-Acute Care Medical Director.
- Oversee the nursing care of patients receiving post-acute care including but not limited to skilled nursing facilities, home health care and inpatient rehab services;
- Work closely with patients and family members to evaluate patient needs and come up with a comprehensive health care plan;
- Coordinate patient care for each provider;
- Help identify and monitor the performance of contracted providers including skilled nursing facilities, inpatient rehabilitation facilities and home health and outpatient rehabilitation services;
- Assist with communication responsibilities with Primary Care Physicians supporting the care for IBJI bundled payment patients;
- Act as patient advocate;
- Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of individual patient plan of care;
- Demonstrate appropriate judgment skills to be able to make independent clinical decisions in routine patient care matters;
- Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age-specific needs;
- Compare assessment data to baseline assessment to monitor patient’s progress. Recognize alterations in function, including life-threatening situations. Intervene and document appropriately;
- Implement physicians orders accurately and promptly, using nursing judgment;
- Communicate regularly with IBJI surgeons, nurses and surgical care teams to monitor and troubleshoot post acute care and outcomes.
Education and Qualification Requirements
- Graduate of an accreditedSchool of Nursing, College or University;
- Currently licensed and registered to practice with the State Board of Nursing;
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience in orthopaedics;
- Demonstrate leadership, organization and communication expertise;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.