Improve lives, form lasting relationships and have fun at work.
- "I work in stressful situations where patients need urgent attention and it's exciting to be able to help people get better and get through crisis. - Jerry A
Work autonomously in an intense hospital environment - without the typical hospital routine. Provide the highest level of care at one of the more than 800 hospital units and ensure your patients' safety, comfort, and well-being with a nurse to patient ratio typically not more than 1:5. As a nurse at DaVita you are on your toes working in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment with new challenges to trouble-shoot and overcome daily. Your sense of purpose and accomplishment at the end of each day is powerful.
What can you expect as an acute dialysis nurse at DaVita?
Patients - Help your patients, when they need it the most.
Patient care is our top priority and we look for teammates who share our commitment to Service Excellence as well as Continuous Improvement. You can build your career in nephrology and practice multiple therapies (CRRT, aphaeresis, etc.) as an Acute Nephrology RN at DaVita
Independence - Manage your patients on your own in a hospital setting.
As a teammate in an acute setting you, work on your own almost all of the time. Each day you assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for critical patients. What an exciting challenge to take on!
Intensity - Expect the unexpected.
No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse. The setting is dynamic and each patient's needs are unique. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have - their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
- "I love problem solving and the challenge of the role of acute nursing. I get a lot of respect from the doctors and my team." - Ginny E.
The Shining Star in this role should have:
- This position will work in our Acute Dialysis Programs (in-patient) located in Urbana and Danville. The ability to work in both cities is required; traveling to Decatur and Springfield may also be requested. Our nurses typically work three/four 10-12 hour days/week plus rotate on-call and weekends.
- Current and valid RN license in the state where performing duties required
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- Current BLS certification required
- Medical/surgical, ICU, CCU, and ER experience (required)
- Dialysis nursing experience (strongly preferred)
- CNN (preferred)
- Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
- Flexibility like a gymnast - okay, not literally. What we mean is someone who thrives in an environment that is constantly changing and will face new challenges head-on
- Excellent communication skills to listen and communicate with patients and teammates
- Multi-tasking skills, with great time management and prioritizing capabilities
The DaVita Village Difference
- Industry-leading patient care with clinical outcomes ranked above the national average.
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Core Values, Mission and clearly defined goals for you.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that thrives on fun and supports you.
- Commitment to developing you and the chance to explore multiple career paths.
- Stability and strong financial results - ten years of steady revenue growth.
- Performance-based compensation and rewards for your hard work.
- A commitment to the greater good: We are a community first, a company second.
Are you ready to make a difference in the lives of your patients and work autonomously in an environment where you make the decisions? If so, we'd like to speak with you.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.