At DaVita, we believe a company can also be a community, and a community of committed individuals can actually make a difference in the way health care is practiced.
DaVita is the dialysis division of DaVita HealthCare Partners Inc., a Fortune 500® company that, through its operating divisions, provides a variety of health care services to patient populations throughout the United States and abroad.
A leading provider of kidney care in the United States, DaVita delivers dialysis services to patients with chronic kidney failure and end stage renal disease. DaVita strives to improve patients’ quality of life by innovating clinical care, and by offering integrated treatment plans, personalized care teams and convenient health-management services.
Our true measure of success? Our clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average. We attribute that success to our most important patient touch point: our teammates!
“We do dialysis, but we are not about dialysis. We are about the lives of our patients, teammates and partners, and the communities in which we operate” – Kent Thiry, Chairman and CEO.
Join us as we continue pursuing our vision “To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen.”
his is a Per Diem / PRN, weekday, day-shift position. We are seeking a registered nurse (RN) with dialysis, interventional radiology, cardiac cath lab, special procedures, operating room, med/surg or critical care experience to join our vascular clinical team.
We invite you to contact us in regard to a position as a Registered Nurse at the Orange County Vascular Access Center located in Garden Grove, California.
In this position, you will be responsible for providing high-quality nursing care to patients undergoing vascular access procedures under conscious sedation. In this role, you will gather pretreatment patient data, monitor patient and medications during procedures, maintain prescription drug logs, and provide assistance to the vascular access team during pre- and post-procedure activity. As a member of our team, you will interact with patients, physicians and dialysis facilities as part of our community educational program, and also participate in other educational outreach initiatives.
- Provide ongoing patient information to the interventionist and clinical team during procedures to deliver vascular access care to the patient including but not limited to cardiac monitoring, aldrete score, pain status - monitor patient vitals (HR, BP, O2Sat, EKG) during procedures
- Maintain radiation safety when C-Arm is in use in the procedure room
- Assist in procedure room preparation; maintain sterile techniques in the procedure room; assist with pre-and post-procedures including assessment of discharge
- Assist in recovery room patient care following vascular procedures
- Monitor and record use of all medications during procedures
- Gather patient clinical information prior to procedures including patient assessments and patient history
- Keep clear and accurate patient medical records
- Maintain up-to-date narcotic drug log
- Serve as surgical technologist during procedures as necessary
- Assist center manager in maintaining inventory count
- Communicate with dialysis facilities to monitor post-care as directed by center manager
- Observe all OSHA and radiation safety monitoring policies
- Assist in moving patients within the center
- Assist in scheduling patients as directed by the center manager
- Participate in access center community education programs
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned including but not limited to: attend team meetings, phone conferences, and training as needed; work in other centers as needed; know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures; know, understand, and comply with all Lifeline clinical and business policies and procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this position
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
- Current state nursing license required
- Minimum of two (2) years' clinical RN experience in dialysis, interventional radiology, cardiac cath lab, special procedures, operating room, med/surg or critical care required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; proficiency in all DaVita computer applications required within 60 days of hire
Lifeline Vascular Access works with premier physician practices to develop and manage outpatient centers that provide focused and coordinated vascular access procedures to patients receiving hemodialysis treatment for end-stage renal disease (ESRD). We currently manage more than 60 physician-owned vascular access centers where we provide physician practices with financial and outcomes reporting, staffing and training, facility operations, regulatory compliance, and insurance billing services. The Lifeline network of managed vascular access centers is accredited by the Joint Commission. Lifeline Vascular Access is a business unit of DaVita Inc., the nation's largest independent provider of dialysis services in the United States, dedicated to providing services to patients diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. DaVita Inc. is a member of the Fortune 500, servicing patients in 43 states and in more than 1,500 outpatient dialysis centers. DaVita also provides acute inpatient dialysis services to patients in more than 800 hospitals across the country. DaVita's clinical outcomes consistently rank above the national average serving more than one-third of the dialysis population.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, continuing education support, and tuition reimbursement. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
DaVita is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.