Our Nurse Supervisors transform care for our patients each and every day. In this role, you will act as a champion of our core values by ensuring service excellence. You will supervise, schedule, instruct and evaluate the activities of the Nurse Liaison personnel in formulating and implementing a homecare plan. You will implement policies and procedures of the Home Care Network; interpret regulatory guidelines for admission to Home Care; confer and work collaboratively with home care agency and hospital discharge planning staff; and assist with the ongoing promotion of the Home Care Network.
Supervises and coordinates the Home Care Liaison staff and their activities.
- Supervises, hires, trains, disciplines and evaluates the performance of staff. Ensures performance appraisals are completed in a timely manner.
- Supervises the Nurse Liaisons through problem solving, case conference review and direct observation.
- Participates in performance improvement activities.
- Confers with and acts as a resource to professional staff regarding patient related issues
Performs supervisory duties as related to the ongoing functioning, growth and development of the Home Care Network.
- Provides input to the Director regarding staffing issues.
- Oversees and arranges the scheduling/staffing of Nurse Liaisons at system hospitals and outpatient facilities.
- Confers with management staff concerning personnel problems and any subsequent disciplinary actions.
- Assists Director with data collection and analysis for productivity measurement and analysis of referral/admissions
- Promotes awareness of the Home Care Network and its services within the health system, and to the general community.
Assists the Director in ensuring the ongoing dynamic development of high standards of quality care.
- Reports the outcome of evaluation activities of all personnel to the Director.
- Monitors documentation from nurse liaisons for evidence of comprehensive home care planning to ensure adherence to standards of quality, appropriateness and compliance with regulations.
- Schedules regular in-service programs for professionals to enhance their
- knowledge base
Performs job functions in a fiscally responsible manner consistent with the Network's mission and vision.
- Utilizes sound time management skills in planning day-to-day activities and fulfilling job duties.
- Demonstrates appropriate and efficient use of supplies and equipment.
- Assures that the productivity standards are maintained.
Addresses the special needs of each age group served, child, adolescent, adult and older adult, and assists in making reasonable accommodations for the hearing impaired, physically challenged or any other patient that may enter the facility.
- Demonstrates understanding of the needs of patients and visitors for each specific age group.
- Addresses safety and psychological needs of the special age groups, as appropriate, in the performance of work activities.
- Addresses the needs of special groups, hearing impaired, physically challenged and various issues relating to the hospital and facility.
Demonstrates and promotes respect for patient's rights.
- Demonstrates awareness of and compliance with the Patient's Bill of Rights and the Patient Self Determination Act.
- Maintains patient confidentiality.
- Assists in making reasonable accommodations for special groups, i.e., hearing and visually impaired and physically challenged.
Incorporates Hospital's priority on service quality and continuous improvement by identifying patient/customer expectations and working to exceed them.
- Anticipates, understands and meets the needs of the patient with empathy and concern. Is supportive - gives help before asked.
- Is consistently courteous and considerate, in person and on the telephone, in interactions with patients and others such as family, visitors, vendors, and other employees.
- Demonstrates compassionate, caring and respectful behavior towards the patient, family and visitor.
- Exhibits the "At Your Service" attitude, i.e., smiles, uses positive eye contact, friendly, open and approachable.
- Responds quickly to patient and/or significant other's request, refers to appropriate member of the care team, if necessary, and informs patient of actions taken.
- Carries out our core values by promoting positive co-worker relationships, teamwork and cooperation, both within the department and across departmental lines. Works collaboratively and is respectful of others.
- Takes individual responsibility for providing outstanding Service Quality.
Adheres to general policies and procedures of the organization/department including:
- Corporate Compliance, Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Emergency/disaster preparedness protocols.
- Fire/Safety prevention protocols.
- Departmental in-service education program requirements.
- Policies and procedures (attendance, punctuality, appearance, professional attitude, etc.)
- Quality Improvement activities.
- Job related self-development education activities.
- Infection control practices and procedures.
- Joint Commission and other regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in home care.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.