Date:Oct 8, 2013
Location:Lakewood, CO, US
Physical Location:SAH-ST ANTHONY HOSPITAL
Department Name:CEN CDI
Hours per Pay Period:80
Required Education:Bachelors Degree Preferred
Required Experience:3 - 5years
Contact Information:Kimberly Chainhalt
Under indirect supervision, facilitates and obtains appropriate physician documentation for any clinical conditions or procedures to support the appropriate severity of illness, expected risk of mortality, and complexity of care of the patient. Educates members of the patient care team regarding documentation guidelines and regulatory requirements, including attending physicians, allied health practitioners, nursing, and case management. Supports timely, accurate, and complete documentation of clinical information used for measuring and reporting hospital and physician-based outcomes. Works independently majority of the time.
• Graduation from a program of Nursing, BSN, preferred or graduate of Health Information Management program with a bachelors degree preferred
• Advance knowledge of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pharmacology, pathophysiology and disease process
• Preferred knowledge of DRG assignments, ICD-9 codes, regulatory coding guidelines, and Medicare Part A and Part B regulatory guidelines
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• A minimum of 3-4 years experience in case management, utilization review, health information management, and/or coding required; Clinical documentation improvement and/or clinical experience preferred with ICU, CCU or strong Med/Surg experience
• Excellent organization, analytical, writing and interpersonal skills
• Dependable and self-directed with excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills
• Excellent communication, computer, critical thinking, organization skills and multi-disciplinary tasks.
• Exhibits knowledge of clinical documentation requirements, DRG assignment, and clinical conditions and/or procedures
• Understand and communicate differences between Medicare Part A and Part B guidelines and how they impact DRG assignments
• Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and troubleshooting computer problems
• Understand and support compliant documentation management strategies that touches all the critical aspects of the hospitals clinical documentation process
• Current Colorado RN license or AHIMA certification (i.e. RHIT, RHIA or CCS) required and maintained.
Equal opportunity employer