|Director of Med-Surg (RN)|
|Location: Brooklyn, NY|
|Experience: 5.0 year(s)|
|Job Type: Full-Time|
|Job ID: J63575|
A prominent hospital is seeking an experienced and knowledgeable nursing professional to join its team as the Director of the Med - Surg Unit. The RN who fills this role will be responsible for managing a staff of nurses and assistants while they oversee the daily operations of the Med-Surg Department. This is an excellent, supervisory role with a growing hospital with an excellent reputation.
The Director of Med-Surg (RN) will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Med-Surg Unit. His or her specific responsibilities will include:
- Strategic planning, budgeting, and personnel and staff development
- Implementing and ensuring compliance with standards of nursing practice, which promotes optimal health care delivery while meeting all regulatory requirements
- Functioning in an advisory capacity to SVP in evaluating procedural changes as they relate to patient care.
- 5 years of related hospital experience as a director-level RN
- Strong Med-Surg clinical experience
- RN, MSN
- Excellent organization and communication skills