As a DRG Validation Coordinator you will assist in planning and coordinating all systems and activities of the DRG Validation area of Health Information Management. You will conduct DRG Validation to ascertain that the diagnostic and procedural information that led to DRG assignment can be substantiated by the documentation in the medical record.
- Ensures DRG support to various departments within the hospital.
- Provides information about DRG assignment and answers coding questions.
- Assists in monitoring all PRO activities that may impact the DRG Validation Unit and maintains close working relationship with Utilization Review Department.
- Interacts with and provides education regarding DRG’s to physicians to ensure accurate coding of medical records.
- Acts as a resource person regarding ICD-9CM coding guidelines and DRG information.
- Prepares and conducts DRG/coding In-service programs for Medical Record Coding Supervisor and Coding Analysts, physicians and other departments as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, preferred.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience, required. Two (2) years experience in Chart Review/Hospital Reimbursement and regulatory background
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.