- High School/GED
- CNA (NJ) or 1 clinical semester in an accredited nursing sch
- CPR Certification from American Heart Association
Position Summary: The Nursing Assistant provides direct, basic patient care activities under the guidance and direction of a Registered Nurse. Provides care and cleaning of specific equipment, stocking of supplies and equipment and the transportation of patients, supplies and equipment.
Education: High School Graduate/GED Required, Technical School Preferred
Experience: Minimum: 0-1 Preferred: 2-4
1. CPR for Health Care Provider
2. NJ State Nursing Assistant certification or successful completion of clinical semester in an accredited School of Nursing
3. Other Certificate programs such as Home Health, etc, would be evaluated for eligibility on an individual basis.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required:
1. Ability to communicate in English, both oral and written.
2. Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skill
3. Ability to perform diversified duties with time limitations with high degree of accuracy.
4. Ability to handle confidential information.
Frequent/strenuous physical effort (e.g. heavy lifting, sustained physical effort, extensive carrying, pushing, pulling, etc.)
Primary Equipment Used:
1. Standard Patient Care Equipment
2. Specific department equipment
3. Information Technology Devices