As a member of the Adventist Healthcare System, our mission is to extend the Healing Ministry of Christ and to provide extraordinary compassionate care to each patient every day. Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute is a 101-bed freestanding heart hospital filled with advancements in technology, techniques and revolutionary patient-centered care and is raising expectations for the diagnosis, treatment and study of cardiovascular disease.
We opened the areas first accredited Chest Pain Emergency Room, which demonstrated our commitment to provide a gold standard of care in acute cardiovascular medicine by meeting and exceeding standards set by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. Most importantly, our heart center is filled with a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, technicians and staff who have worked together to create one of the most successful heart programs in the Tampa Bay area.
Florida Hospitals Pepin Progressive Care Unit (PPCU) is a 32-bed Cardiovascular Progressive Care Unit. Patients in this unit are high-risk, post-open heart patients requiring cardiac telemetry. PPCU is the only unit to use Endo Tool within Florida Hospitals Pepin Heart Institute. Nurses on this unit should have a passion for cardiac patients and are required to administer cardiac drips. All open heart patient rooms are private with a 1:4 nurse to patient ratio.
The Registered Nurse provides self-directed, effective nursing care to groups of patients and other duties as assigned in accordance with Division of Nursing standards and pursuant to Florida Department of Professional Regulation, Chapter 464.003 (3) (a): Practice of professional nursing means the performance of those acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skill based upon applied practices of psychological, biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but not limited to:
1. The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and counseling of the ill, injured or infirmed; and the promotion of wellness, maintenance of health and prevention of illness and others.
2. The administration of medication and treatments as prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and treatments.
3. The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the theory and performance of any of the above acts.
As a leader in meeting the health care needs of the community, Florida Hospital Pepin Heart Institute is committed to providing a workplace that respects the diversity and contribution that our employees bring to our organization. Our mission depends not only on our commitment to living our values but on our efforts to excel in both the delivery of quality health care and in providing compassionate care to the patients we serve.
Apply today to join our team of dedicated professionals.
EOE. Drug and Tobacco Free Workplace. Accredited by the Joint Commission.
The skill to heal. The spirit to care.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred
2. Valid Florida RN license or ability to obtain reciprocity from another state
3. BLS and ACLS certifications required
4. One year of recent PCU, Cardiac, and/or Telemetry RN experience preferred.