Position Type : Full Time - Permanent
Relocation Approved :
Recruiter : Center Based, Recruiter
Job Description :
Responsible for providing residents with routine daily and restorative nursing care and services
in accordance with the resident’s assessment, care plan and as directed by supervisors. Ensures
resident’s needs are met while maintaining the highest degree of dignity.
Essential Position Duties
1. Assists residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL) based on their individualized plan of care and in accordance with state and federal regulations and Genesis policies and procedures.
2. Makes beds (occupied and unoccupied) and change bed linen.
3. Keeps incontinent residents clean and dry per policy and resident care plan.
4. Assists residents in preparing for activity and social programs (i.e., church services, parties, visitors, etc.)
5. Assists in transporting residents to/from appointments, activity and social programs, etc.,as necessary.
6. Performs restorative and rehabilitative procedures as instructed.
7. Measures and records temperatures, pulse, and respirations (TPRs), as instructed.
8. Answers resident calls promptly and ensures that residents who are unable to call for help are checked frequently.
9. Informs the Licensed Nurse of any changes in the resident’s condition.
10. Assists with the care of the dying resident.
11. Provides post-mortem care as instructed.
12. Observes and reports the presence of skin breakdown.
13. Provides daily indwelling catheter care and perineal care.
14. Assists with the application of positioning devices, slings, elastic bandages, binders, etc.
15. Prepares resident for meals (i.e., take to bathroom, wash hands, comb hair, raise bed,position tables, place bibs, take to/from dining room, etc.).
16. Serves food trays and assists with feeding as indicated (i.e., cutting foods, feeding, assistin dining room supervision, etc.).
17. Keeps resident’s water pitchers clean and filled with fresh water (on each shift) and within easy reach of the resident.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
1. Ability to deal tactfully with residents, family members, visitors, government
agencies/personnel and the general public.
2. Ability to respect residents including those who have impaired cognition.
3. Ability to operate department specific equipment.
4. Sufficient verbal and written communication skills to perform the tasks required.
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
1. Completed an approved certified/licensed nursing assistant program.
1. Current Nursing Assistant certification/license in state of employment.
2. CPR certification preferred.