Our Nurse Educators transform care by using their expertise to serve as teacher, facilitator, clinical role model and consultant for our nursing team. You will play a key role in ensuring the advanced performance of our nurses, who provide quality care for our patients and their families. You will be responsible for the development and implementation of the nursing orientation and education programs.
- Organizes programs for nursing personnel, which encompasses orientation, staff development and continuing education programs.
- Coordinates, conducts and evaluates programs that will assist in meeting the educational needs of nursing team members.
- Coordinates with other disciplines in identifying nurses' learning needs.
- Plans programs based on identified learning needs, medical center objectives and regulatory agency requirements.
- Communicates and collaborates with nursing unit leadership in planning new patient care programs.
- Collaborates with nursing unit leadership to provide input into the evaluation of nurses' performance and readiness to assume staff responsibilities.
- Facilitates the recruitment, selection, development and retention of nursing team members for each assigned clinical area.
- Institutes and maintains professional liaison with appropriate internal and external groups.
- Translates relevant research findings and collaborates with unit nursing leadership to incorporate findings into nursing practice.
- Assists in the implementation of research projects at the Medical Center affecting nursing practice and patient care.
- Provides input into nursing education budget formulation.
- Assists nurses in the delivery of efficient, cost effective care.
- Participates on performance improvement teams/projects
- Master's Degree in Nursing, required.
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in a relevant clinical area.
- Evidence of teaching, leadership, and basic research skills.
- Professional and community involvement, required.
- BLS Instructor preferred.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.