* Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others and supports patient safety initiatives.
* Assesses patient's condition, including biophysical, psychosocial and age specific needs.
* Documents patient's status, according to unit specific procedure.
* Develops an individualized plan of care utilizing the nursing and medical diagnosis. Collaborates with other health care team members in formulating plan.
* Implements the nursing plan of care on assigned patients.
* Evaluates patient's status, nursing instructions, appropriateness of the nursing plan of care, and outcomes of the care provided.
* Initiates a patient education plan according to the individualized needs of the patient, as prescribed by Physician and/or hospital procedure, including patient and family instruction as well as discharge planning.
* Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities.
* Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
Diploma, Associate's degree (A.A.) or Bachelor's degree (BSN) from an accredited school of Nursing
NC Registered Nurse (RN) Licensure or holding temporary license pending endorsement in NC
Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS)