Baylor College of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an RN to assist physician with treatment room examination and procedures, schedule tests and appointments, answer patients calls, write orders, record and communicate information to referring physicians.
Essential Functions and Duties
* Provides professional nursing assessment of patients.
* Assists with treatment room examination and procedures on patients.
*Proofs and corrects dictated history and physical examinations.
*Schedules appointments, tests, and examinations with hospital and other doctors' offices.
* Proficient with insertion of Intravenous (IV) catheters.
* Instructs patients verbally and in writing concerning the preparation needed for tests.
* Communicates with health care providers regarding orders and care of patients.
* Answers telephone and provides information to patient.
* Cleans, stocks and orders treatment room supplies.
* Demonstrates various procedures and techniques to LVNs and other clinic staff in order to ensure delivery of proper patient care.
* Performs other job related duties as assigned.
* Be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
Required: Associate's degree in Nursing.
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Nursing
Required: Two years of previous nursing experience.
Preferred: Previous Urology, Plastic Surgery, or Orthopedic Surgery experience.
Required: Current licensing as a Registered Nurse by the Board of Nurse Examiners of the State of Texas.
Please apply directly at www.medschooljobs.org to vacancy number 172428EH.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action employer.
Follow us on Twitter at https://twitter.com/BCMHoustonJobs.