|BSN or BS/BA with MSN preferred. Completion of BSN or MSN within 5 years. CNOR preferred or actively pursuing. State of New Mexico RN required. One to three years experience in an OR clinical specialty field required. Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor, coach and develop team members.
*Prefer RN with Gynecology specialty experience in an operating room setting.
|• Collaborates with the education coordinator and education resource nurse to facilitate the education and orientation of new staff members into the specialty field they represent. Provides cross training for staff members within the department. Develops members of the specialty teams to provide subspecialty perioperative patient care. Coaches, mentors and implements disciplinary processes when indicated. Prepares evaluations and prepares developmental plans for team members to ensure growth.
• Assist the charge nurse when making daily staffing assignments to ensure competent staff is assigned to scheduled procedures.
• Communicates information to Team members to keep team members up to date.
• Collaborates with the OR Director, surgeons, and staff to identify new or innovative technological and/or patient care practices and plans for resources needed to support these changes. Collaborates with surgeons, materials management, vendors, and outside departments to plan for equipment, supplies, or education needed to deliver specialty patient care.
• Follows through when specialty instruments or equipment is broken to ensure that an alternate plan is in place to provide uninterrupted patient care. Inventories and maintains subspecialty supplies. Ensures that OR suites are maintained with essential equipment and positioning devices that are in good working order, thus providing quality patient care.
• Participates in developing the OR Departmental Plan and implementing the objectives of the plan. In collaboration with the surgeons, assists with the Capital Equipment budget for the services of responsibility. Provides the information in a timely manner to the resource management coordinator.
• Supports staff’s participation at Shared Governance Councils for the Unit, Surgical Services, and the Department of Nursing. Assures implementation of change projects/initiatives.
• Exemplifies a high standard of leadership qualities and professionalism. Mentors the staff in developing and achieving professional goals.
• Maintains current knowledge of information in related field through seminars, workshops and publications.