Seeking an experienced operating room nurse to join our busy 20 bed operating room.
Preferred candidate will have at least 1 year experience as an RN in the operating room.
We are high-tech and high caring and warm environment.
|Associate's Degree, Diploma in Nursing or BSN. State of New Mexico Registered Nursing License or Graduate Nurse Permit required. Knowledge of perianesthesia nursing and surgical terminology. The nurse must possess strong clinical skills in data collection by observation and telephone assessment.
**Prefer 1 year operating room experience as an RN.
|- Courteously greets and directs customers
- Accurately transcribes physicians orders
- Provides direct patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting individual patient needs, actions taken and to promote superior outcome
- Coordinates patients' care through collaboration with the patient/family and healthcare team members.
- Performs assessments as per unit standards and documents on appropriate data base/ Surgical Services computerized charting system ( PICIS )
- Initiates, utilizes and documents appropriate protocols and standards of care.
- Identifies and meets patient and family learning and discharge needs on preadmission and throughout surgical stay.
- Performs competently in emergency situations.
- Delegates or assigns aspects of patient care to healthcare team members commensurate with their.- validated competency to perform the task.
- Provides leadership through communication about and validation of patient care.
- Completes patient population/age-specific/procedure and protocol education and competency testing per unit standards.
- Demonstrates competency in required psychomotor skills.
- Assists in orientation of new staff or students, and serve as a resource person and professional role model.
- Assumes professional responsibility for current nursing structure and clinical standards of care.
- Incorporates PHS mission (VVPS) in care-giving activities.
- Supports DON philosophies of shared governance and models of care delivery.
- Assumes other leadership roles (i.e. relief charge nurse) as required by the department.
- Meets professional requirements as follows:
- A. In-service requirements:
1. Age-specific training (care giving, treatment, assessments specific to the age of populations served).
- 2. Mandatory yearly in-service to include BLS, ACLS, PALS, safety training, bloodborne pathogen/infection/TB training.
- B. Performance Standards:
- 1. Participates in unit/department governance.
2. Adheres to PHS dress code for professionals, including display of ID badge.
- 3. Documents own continuing education.
- 4. Maintains positive communication and relationships with patients, peers and other healthcare team members.
- 5. Participates in quality improvement activities.
- 6. Maintains a punctual and reliable attendance record.
- 7. Completes mandatory in-services, competencies and licensure requirements on time.
- 8. Adheres to safety and equipment policies.