The VITAS Nurse is a member of the interdisciplinary team and is the pivotal person in identifying the physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs of the patient and family. Responsible for initiating the appropriate intervention and support for the patient and family upon admission to VITAS and provides a continuously appropriate, comprehensive and responsive plan of care. This position reports out of the New Jersey West Program located in Mt Laurel, NJ.
- Qualified candidates must possess a minimum of two (2) years experience as a Registered Nurse within the last five (5) years.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in hospice, medical/surgical or home health preferred.
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of New Jersey required.
- Coverage counties for the New Jersey West Program are Mercer County, Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County and parts of Cumberland County.
- Qualified candidates will reside in one of the counties mentioned above in order to respond to patient/family needs in a timely manner.
- Reliable transportation with appropriate insurance coverage required. Mileage reimbursement provided.