Clinical Specialist for Apheresis devices – JB-1608
Working without significant direction, designs, develops and delivers customer focused training. Provides complex problem solving services in either a field or headquarters environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works within regional/global/customer environments to provide clinical support and training delivery for Terumo BCT product applications for customers.
- Provides telephone support for customers and field-based associates.
- Provides training, implementation and support for the launch of new products.
- Provides ongoing training and support for BCT Associates.
- Performs ongoing assessment of customers’ technical needs and problems as identified through call reports and input from field-based specialists.
- Supports regulatory requirements for transfusion medicine, therapeutic aphaeresis, and cell therapy.
- Documents and provides written solutions to recurring problems, including input for variation of training tools and provision of training. Identifies and solve complex or unusual customer issues in a timely manner.
- Identifies the need for protocols using Terumo BCT instruments.
- Facilitates the capture and sharing of knowledge within area of expertise through journal review, training opportunities, and knowledge management system.
- Works within corporate and customer environment to provide clinical support and leadership to the Terumo BCT regional market for product applications.
- Works with Global Support and other departments to develop, implement, track, report, and act upon Regional Support metrics.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Knowledge required to perform at this level is generally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years relevant technical or clinical experience in donor and therapeutic aphaeresis, RN, MT or equivalent.
- Experience in delivery of training programs is required.
- Experienced with project management, with the ability to facilitate cross-functional team interaction and conflict confrontation and resolution
- Experience in an external customer-facing role such as sales, training, or customer support.
- Ability to assess customer needs and market trends within the context of product and business capabilities and the ability to translate this assessment into a workable strategy.
- Strong, demonstrated expertise in product and therapy knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to teach. Demonstrated self-confidence and effectiveness in dealing with a wide variety of student types.
- Ability to interact professionally and effectively with customers, physicians, nurses and other technical medical staff.
- Demonstrated and effective leadership skills in a global cross functional environment.
- Ability to assess customer needs, market trends, and competition within the context of product and business capabilities and the ability to translate this assessment into a workable strategy.
- Ability to diagnose, understand, and solve complex system issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical material in a non-technical manner.
- Knowledge and use of relevant PC software applications and skills to use them effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Approximately 50% domestic and international travel
- May assist customers with abstract writing and presentation as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In the typical office environment requirements include: reading, speaking, hearing, close vision, walking, bending, sitting, and occasional lifting up to 20 pounds.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, order of protection status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, military status or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks. For more information about Terumo BCT, visit our website www.terumobct.com/careers.
Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado we operate in 120 countries with more than 2,600 associates around the world.
Our company has been voted and recognized as a:
- “Best Places to Work” employer by The Denver Business Journal and 5280 Magazine (2003)
- Top five world-class training organization by Training and Development Magazine (2011 & 2012)
Our award-winning culture embraces:
- Leading technology through innovation and R&D
- Wellness programs
- Commitment to quality
- An environment that values and respects your individual contributions
- A philosophy of intentional growth
Each associate has a positive impact on our future by:
- Connecting to the lives of the patients we ultimately serve
- Growing through professional and leadership development activities
- Sharing company success through incentive plans
If you are the best at what you do, we invite you to apply with us now!