As a Clinical Risk Manager you will participate in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the Health System's comprehensive Risk Management Program including education programs, risk assessments, risk evaluation and application of risk reduction strategies.
- Performs event investigations as needed, including medical record reviews and interviews
- Performs risk management assessments and evaluations;
- Develops plans of corrective action to reduce identified risk and improve patient safety;
- Reviews and analyzes data, and develops plans-of-action for proposal and/or execution based on findings;
- Conducts literature reviews based on reported trends, and applies critical and analytical skills to clinical risk reduction, legal and regulatory issues;
- Evaluates and trends events for patient safety and financial exposure;
- Participates in developing policies and procedures;
- Ensures delivery of information to defense and claims counsel to resolve claims;
- Conducts claim audits focusing on clinical risk exposure;
- Provides hospitals with risk management consultative services;
- Communicates risk management strategy and content to clinical teams; and
- Collaborates with Quality Management and Legal Affairs in managing the organization's risk.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, required.
- Current license to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience including Risk Management, Claims Management and/or Insurance, required.
- Current knowledge of developments and trends in the field of risk management, patient safety, methods of analysis, and systems, required.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, computer and presentation skills.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.