IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
Infection Control Employee Health Nurse
Kindred Hospital – Kansas City
Job # 135218
In this role you will consult with physicians, managers, and staff for the management of infectious and/or immuno-suppressed patients.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the infection control policies and procedures for all departments.
- Implement a surveillance system for detecting and monitoring hospital acquired and community infections.
- Investigate outbreaks or clusters of infections.
- Monitor, analyze, and interpret bacteriology reports and infection statistics, recommend appropriate control measures to prevent dissemination of resistant microorganisms and pathogens.
- Collaborate with local and state health departments in the prevention, control, and appropriate reporting of communicable diseases.
- Participate in ongoing infection control educational programs for employees.
- BSN or healthcare related field; Master’s degree in clinical specialty preferred
- Current MO RN license
- 1 year clinical experience in medical-surgical or critical care nursing
- ICP or related certification, experience handling employee health and experience in Infection Control with basic knowledge of the principles of epidemiology and inctions, diseases, sterilization, sanitation, and disinfection practice preferred.
We offer competitive compensation while working with a healthcare leader! To apply, please visit http://jobs.kindredhospitals.com and search for job # 135218. EOE