Demand more of yourself. Do more for your patients.
UCLA Health System offers health care professionals the widest range of opportunities to practice the kind of care that every patient deserves. For more than half a century, we have provided the best in health care and the latest in medical technology to the people of Los Angeles and throughout the world. If doing your best for your patients means everything to you, consider a career with UCLA Health System.
The Assistant Director of Nursing works independently and collaboratively with the Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) of UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica, the Department Directors, and Clinical Staff to promote quality care and ensure consistency in clinical practices as they relate to regulatory standards, nurse sensitive quality outcomes and UCLA policies and procedures. He/She manages and supports functions for the CNO as well as for patient care activities on inpatient nursing units in accordance with organizational goals and objectives as directed.
As a valued full-time member of our staff, you’ll enjoy outstanding benefits, including health, dental and vision plans that begin on your first day and a retirement plan that is one of the best in the nation. You will also receive 13 paid holidays and 15 vacation days beginning your first year. Relocation assistance is available for those who qualify.
For more information, go to www.uclahealthcareers.org or contact Sandi Richard email@example.com. EOE
REQUIREMENTS: - California RN License.
- Masters Degree in Nursing
- 5 years progressive line management.
- Strong clinical background in healthcare.
- Prior experience with Joint Commission and CMS survey preparation and management preferred.
- Experience with Magnet
- Knowledge and ability to establish Clinical Care standards and nursing interventions.
- Knowledge and ability to design, conduct and disseminate research and evidence for the improvement of patient care.
- Ability to consult and act as a resource.
-Ability to utilize personal computer with windows and windows compatible software, fax machine, telephone and photocopy machine.
- Strong English, written and verbal communication skills required.
- Effectively communicates with health care professionals at all levels.
- Translates complex data into straight forward management information.
- Serves as nursing liaison for external agencies and coordinates agency site visits.
- Provides information for evaluation and revision of standards, policies and procedures.
- Develops and provides instructional materials
In an effort to promote and maintain a healthy environment for our patients, visitors, and employees, UCLA Health System is a smoke-free site. Smoking is prohibited within the boundaries of all UCLA Health System owned, occupied, leased, and associated buildings and facilities.