Clinical Nurse Specialist
Under general supervision functions as a consultant, educator, expert practitioner and researcher. Serves as organizational resource to ensure evidence-based practice, and to facilitate optimal patient care within the GBMC community. Is accountable for clinical practice issues within area of expertise.
Masters degree in Nursing or higher level after completing the basic nursing program. Completion of program in a specialty area in nursing accredited by NLNAC, CCNE or any other accrediting body recognized by the Board of Nursing.,
At least five (5) years experience in relevant clinical area
· Advanced knowledge of nursing theory, practice and education.
· Advanced skill in nursing procedures and development of sound educational programs.
· A high level of analytical skills to develop and evaluate educational programs, resolve complex patient care problems and prepare comprehensive plans of care.
· Current Maryland Registered Nurse license.
· Completion of "Healthcare Provider" CPR course, every two years.
· Advanced life support certification required ( eg. ACLS, PALS, NRP), based on specialty area.
· Certification in area of specialty required
· Certification as Clinical Nurse Specialist in a Clinical Nurse Specialty by the ANCC, or any other national certifying body recognized by the Board preferred