Seeking an experienced Nursing Supervisor with 3-5 years of experience to include Case Management to join our team-oreinted department of Care Coordination.
BSN required, or must obtain within five years of accepting position. State of New Mexico Registered Nursing License required or compact Nusing License..
Performs and/or recommends personnel management functions including hiring, coaching, counseling, evaluating, and terminating. Will have Care Coordinator direct reports. Covers for the manager of Care Coordination in their absence.
• participates in the system wide councils. Exemplifies a high standard of leadership qualities and professionalism. Mentors the staff in developing leadership skills.
• Supports standards based practice.
• Interacts and coordinates activities with a variety of local and out of state health care agents, including PHS regional facilities, EMS, and community members.
• Facilitates effective communication between administration, department directors, staff, physicians, other departments, patients, families, and the general public. Participates in conflict resolution as necessary and acts as an effective problem solver. Maintains current knowledge of information in related field through seminars, workshops and publications.
• Supports implementation of change projects/initiatives. Supports the development and implementation of the department strategic plan.
• Facilitates discharge planning and level of care of inpatients. Interacts with internal and external customers to facilitate appropriate placement of patients.
• Oversees and monitors performance of utilization management functions.and is a member of the Utilization Management Committee
• Provides support for department manager with staffing decisions. Approves or facilitates supplemental staffing through external agencies.
• Performs other functions as required.
Enjoy a competitive compensation and benefits package, a supportive working environment, and a stable employer who is dedicated to providing the support and resources critical to giving the highest quality of care. Please review qualifications and full job description at www.phs.org .Requisition Number: 43249 Questions? Call 505-823-8756. PHS is committed to ensuring a drug-free workplace. EOE