Date:Oct 9, 2013
Location:Garden City, KS, US
Physical Location:ST CATHERINE HOSPITAL
Department Name:SCH NURSING ADMIN
Status:Per Requested Need (PRN)
Hours per Pay Period:PRN
Required Education:Associates Degree
Required Experience:3 - 5years
Contact Information:Kathy Morrison
Multi-faceted role: Representative of nursing and hospital administration and coordinator of clinical, operational and directorial activities
Coordinates the placement of all incoming patients with regards to diagnosis, condition and availability of care and consults with Case Managers, if necessary;
2. Receives admission orders from physicians and communicates this information to Team Leaders as appropriate.
3. Coordinate staffing allocation for nursing units based on department schedules, staffing plans and staffing and scheduling guidelines.
1. Serves as administrative liaison for physician and interagency communications and problem-solving.
2. Provides problem-solving resource for hospital department Associates through effective conflict resolution and management communication.
Responds to all Code Blue Emergencies to assure proper policies and procedures are coordinated with
qualified staff and assists nursing staff with family members;
2. Responds to the ED after the notification of Code Red trauma to assist in notification of trauma team and support nursing staff;
3. Responds to all Code Orange Emergencies and acts as Team Leader in the absence of qualified
Behavioral Health Services Staff.
4. Coordinates all external and internal disaster procedures.
5. Notifies OR/PACU of emergency cases. Updates and distributes OR schedule to reflect add-on cases. Notifies OR Supervisor of significant changes.
6. Coordinates request for autopsy with Pathology Services.
7. Assists with clinical procedures as needed.
8. Facilitates requests for organ donation.
Works with Social Services to coordinate transportation of discharge patients to convalescent homes by contacting the appropriate personnel (EMS, Receiving Agency);
2. Coordinates all emergency transports involving air or ground ambulance and documents that the tertiary agency has been apprised of patient transfer, providing necessary information and documentation to receiving agency.
Obtains medication from Pharmacy in the absence of Registered Pharmacist and signs out medication/IV in log book;
2. Follows medication administration policy in checking out medication and documents any variance appropriately;
Obtains medication for outlying hospital after approval of Pharmacist
KS RN certification required