Date:Oct 9, 2013
Location:Colorado Springs, CO, US
Physical Location:COR - Colorado Springs SET
Department Name:SET OF COLO SPGS CORP CENTER
Hours per Pay Period:80
Required Education:Masters Degree
Required Experience:2 years
Contact Information:Kimberly Chainhalt
The SET Nurse Practitioner (NP)/ Physicians Assistant (PA) primary purpose is to function as a privileged health care provider who uses critical judgment to perform comprehensive health assessments, differential diagnosis, and prescribes pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments in direct management of acute and chronic illness and disease. Promotes wellness and prevents illness and injury. Specific duties include but are limited to: assessing pt. for appropriateness to the program; notifying team members of pt., family and staff needs; provide symptom management for assessed physical needs; consult appropriate team members to provide emotional and spiritual needs; assist with/lead family meetings; help with determining appropriate level of care and assist with transition planning to appropriate level in the community. S/he will perform complete history; physical exams; order, perform and interpret appropriate diagnostic tests; prescribe pharmacological agents, treatments and non-pharmacological therapies for management of the patients diagnosed conditions and symptom management.
The NP/PA is responsible for coordinating the SET chronic disease management program. S/he will facilitate data collection regarding patients and chronic disease care needs. S/he will evaluate total health care needs of patients and develop plans to meet those needs. S/he will collaborate with other health care providers to determine SET patients health care needs, required preventive services and chronic disease case management. S/he will facilitate education of patients, families, staff and physicians regarding chronic disease management at SET. S/he will teach patients and family members ways to maintain or improve their health status. S/he serves in a teaching capacity in the development of other health care workers.
Supervision Received and Exercised
• Reports to the President and CEO
• Director of Operations may provide oversite
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
• Effectively identifies, evaluates, and addresses disease prevention and health promotion issues of the population in the practice while administering quality patient care.
• Works in an independent and interdependent relationship with members of the medical staff, which allows for consultation, collaboration, or referral.
• Responsible for the diagnosis and treatment of acute, chronic, and long-term healthcare issues.
• Educates patients and/or families about preventive care, medical issues, and use of prescribed medical treatments and/or medications.
• Maintains legible, accurate, and confidential medical records. Documents all medical evaluations, diagnoses, procedures, treatment, outcomes, education, referrals, and consultations consistent with NCQA (National Committee for Quality Assurance), JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations), and state regulatory standards.
• Facilitates evaluation of records by physician(s), peers, and Quality and Standards according to protocols, and receives and implements constructive directives.
• Analyzes new knowledge gained from conferences, workshops, professional literature, or "hands-on training" and assimilates this knowledge into clinical practice.
• Masters Degree
• Current RN/PA Colorado License
• Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner/ Physicians Assistant Program
• Registration with the Colorado Advanced Practice Registry
• The NP/PA practices under the rules and regulations of the Colorado Nurse Practice Act and they are included in the Advanced Practice registry. S/he assumes personal accountability for organizational mission, vision and core values.
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
5: Program development
6: Professional Growth and Accountability
POSITION (MINIMUM) REQUIREMENT CHECKLIST
Position Title: SET Nurse Practitioner Job Code:
Department: SET Family medical Clinics Effective Date:
Completion of a Nurse Practitioner Program
Current Colorado RN license
Registered with the Colorado Advanced Practice Registry
National certification required within 1 year
Two five years as full-time NP - preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer
Would be open to part-time with the right applicants
SET of Colorado Springs is a 501 ©3 corporation that provides holistic health services and basic medical care to the low-income and uninsured. Programs include senior, family and homeless medical services with an emphasis on serving, empowering and transforming members of our community. SET relies on grants and donations as funding sources and does not charge clients for services when they do not have the ability to pay. Our services are provided in collaboration with other agencies and staffed by employees of SET and professional volunteers.