|Location: Staten Island, NY|
|Experience: 2.0 year(s)|
|Job Type: Full-Time|
|Job ID: J48928|
A medical facility in New York City is actively seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) to join their team of professionals as a Documentation Specialist. The qualified RN selected for this position will be responsible for ensuring that clinical documentation in the medical record is pertinent, timely, accurate and complete.
The Documentation Specialist will concurrently interact with Physicians, nursing staff, members of the interdisciplinary team and HIM coders to ensure that documentation captures clinical severity to support the level of service, core measures and appropriate reimbursement. The Documentation Specialist will also educate all members of the patient care team on an ongoing basis.
- 2+ years of Documentation Improvement experience in an acute care setting
- RN license
- Knowledge of DRG grouping methodology
- Strong interpersonal skills (verbally and in writing)
- Ability to maintenance stats and outcome data
- Detail oriented
- Highly organized
- Able to multitask efficiently and effectively
- Coding experience
- Microsoft Access/Excel/Word proficient