· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the development of others, and the creation of a cohesive team.
· Effective planning and organization skills in order to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
· Strong analytical skills in order to identify and develop solutions to administrative, operational, and patient care problems.
· Effective skills in use of computer programs (Meditech, MicroSoft Word, Power Point, Excel)
· Advanced skill in organizing assignments and activities of others for the overall benefit and smooth operation of the unit.
· Demonstrated skill in managing people, patient service issues and service recovery.
· Skill in allocating nursing and support resources to provide smooth and efficient, high quality care to patients.
· Able to delegate assignments and provide direction to nursing personnel.
· Skill in change management and the implementation of new processes, policies and resources.