|Job Title:||Nurse Practitioner - Prevention and Research|
|Department:||The Prevention and Research C|
|Standard Weekly Hours:||40|
|Travel to Offsite location:||No|
|Job Summary:||The staff member demonstrates knowledge of womens health issues and womens health care and must evidence the ability to apply this knowledge in assessing and interpreting patient information. Additionally, the staff member should evidence competency in planning and implementing individualized care based upon the needs of the patient.|
The staff member demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development appropriate to the ages of patients served by their department. The staff member must evidence the ability to apply these principles in assessing and interpreting patient information. Additionally, the staff member should evidence competency in planning and implementing individualized care based upon the age related needs of the patient and family.
|Requirements:||Bachelor's Degree in Nursing|
Three (3) to five (5) years of nursing experience
Basic computer experience.
RN - State of Maryland
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from an accredited school
Certified Nurse Practitioner license issued by the State of Maryland
Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology at a level normally acquired through completion of approved training programs.
- Interpersonal skills to deal effectively with clients, visitors, employers, and hospital personnel in exchanging and relaying information and in providing client care.
- Ability to work in a demanding and challenging environment
- Supports the team effort through a willingness to work beyond normal working hours.
- Able to work independently with frequent interruptions.
- Follows written and oral instructions.
- Knowledge of exam room duties and use of office equipment.
- Must have excellent telephone demeanor.
- Must possess and promote excellent health, hygiene and grooming habits.
- Ability to prioritize work load for the most efficient performance.
Must be computer literate or learn within 6 months.
Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language in an understandable manner.
Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Must possess the ability to effectively communicate and deal tactfully with other personnel, visitors, patients, physicians, customers, and the general public.
Must be flexible, have personal integrity, and the ability to function effectively as a team with other employees.
Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.