Patient Accounts Coordinator
|Department:||Hospice Admin- Finance|
Under direct supervision, performs all collection functions on account balances within assigned financial classes. Provides billing and account services for Gilchrist Hospice Care and/or Gilchrist Greater Living, to include the Geriatrics, Senior Services, and Palliative Care practices.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of patient billing, billing transmission and electronic billing systems.
- Strong knowledge of all billing requirements for Medicare, Blue Cross, Medical Assistance, Commercial insurance, and HMO carriers.
- Knowledge of ICD9 and CPT coding practices
- Skill in using computers and personal productivity applications
- Strong leadership skills
- Skill in data analysis and interpretation.
- Ability to effectively interact and resolve problems with other departments and CIS
- Ability to coordinate the work of others