InterCoast Career Institute has a passion for educating students and helping students achieve their career goals. We are currently recruiting for Nurse Educators in both lecture and clinical courses of its Practical Nursing program. If you are interested in making an impact in preparing students in this rewarding healthcare profession, please submit your resume for consideration. Our campus is in Kittery, Maine.
A Nursing instructor’s responsibility is to prepare students for succeeding in school and achieving licensure, and in seeking, interviewing for, and retaining employment. In preparing students for success in school and in employment,
the program covers Nursing Fundamentals, Medical/Surgical Nursing, Maternity and Pediatric Nursing, Rehabilitation and Geriatric Nursing, Pharmacology, Psychology, Nutrition, Normal Growth and Development, Patient Education, Supervision, and Leadership, etc. Clinical rotations in Medical/Surgical Nursing are held healthcare agencies in the local area. Nursing theory lectures are held on campus. Upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to apply to the State Board of Vocational Nursing to take the Practical Nursing Exam - NCLEX/PN.
• Preparation and presentation of curriculum based coursework and lessons
• Clinical site supervision (dependant on position filled).
• Setting and clarifying expectations, directing and mentoring students in development of behavior, values, attitudes, and professionalism appropriate to Vocational Nursing.
• Regularly monitor students’ progress, attendance, grades, and adherence to policies.
• Maintain communication with all students at risk; work with these students to address
any issues that may impede their academic progress
• Student retention and classroom management
• Responds in a timely manner to students’ needs, complaints, and/or inquiries
• Promotes a positive environment with professional appearance
• Cultivating cooperative learning
• Attending staff and faculty meetings as scheduled.
• Adherence to accreditation commission standards, agency regulations, and school
policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping students attain their career goals. Your daily reward will be the personal satisfaction of having a chance to make a difference to yourself, your team and to a group of students who expect an outstanding education and career.
• BSN required (MSN preferred). Current RN License in Massachusetts required.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in nursing clinical practice, within the past 5 years.
• Enthusiasm and belief in Vocational Nursing education and teaching
• Good communication skills, sensitivity to students needs.
• Teaching experience, a plus.
• Management experience, a plus.
Interested parties may forward their resume to: